Guest Post: Auntie Paula recounts her week with Ava
Day Three of Camp Ava/Paula started off well. Joe was home for most of the day. We had waffles for breakfast and then packed a picnic lunch for later in the day when we went to the community park and playground. Before going to the play ground, Ava and Paula worked on the Hello Kitty puzzles and played Candy Land.
Then we went to the park were we had fun exploring every square inch of the playground, blowing bubbles as well as playing drive thru restaurant. However after a couple of hours, Ava started to lose her pep and asked to go home. Once home, Ava went to her room and decided to take a nap. When she woke up a couple of hours later, Ava told me that she didn't feel well. We both laid in her room, read some books and watched a couple of short videos on the computer.
Joe left for a business trip while Ava and I were relaxing in her room. Had he not booked this trip several weeks in advance, I would have found his departure a bit suspect given the timing of Ava getting sick! Since Ava wasn't feeling well, she and I decided to go to bed early. I asked Ava if it would be ok if I slept in her room since she wasn't feeling well and she thought that was a good idea. After a three hour nap, I woke up to Ava running to the bathroom to get sick. We were up pretty much the rest of the night. Poor thing - how awful to be so sick when you are supposed to be on vacation. She handled it much better than I did .... every time she was sick, I would cry for her. We were quite the team!

