Sunday, January 6, 2013

Straight Talk with Ava

Faithful readers, we haven't forgotten about you. Last month one computer broke, and then our other computer broke, and last week our camera broke. We do have lots to share and we hope to get you all up to date soon.

In the meantime, we hope to satiate your Rabold appetite with a few quotes from Miss Ava Kate...
  • In response to my repeated requests to get out of the car and stop playing with the console: "I'm just a kid. Sometimes I'm going to play with toys you don't want me to play with."
  • H: "Ava, why did you push Isabel away when she tried to kiss you?"
    A: "I didn't want a kiss."
    H: "You can say, 'No, thank you.'"
    A: "I thought it was communicated."
  • While getting ready to sing us a song before bedtime: "Everyone, silence your phones and zip your lips."
  • A: "Momma, do you toot?"
    H: "I'd prefer not to talk about this during dinner time."
    A: "After dinner, do you prefer?"
  • B: "Ava, do you want to practice back floats?"
    A: "I'm not too into that."
  • "My body can't handle the sugar."
  • H: "Ava, please don't ride your bike in the house."
    A: Giggles. "I already rode it around the house once before you even noticed."
    H: "But, Ava, you know we don't ride bikes in the house."
    A: Chuckles, then sighs. "Ohhhhhhhhh, baby cakes."