- Ava's fingers are 1 1/2 inches long.
- People think Ava is a boy no matter how pink her dress is.
- Ava is a towhead.
- It took Ava 14 weeks to learn how to breastfeed. It took Helen 6 more to forgive her.
- Ava is the only member of her family with blue eyes.
- Ava can sit up by herself for a maximum of 30 seconds.
- Every once in a while Brody licks Ava on the face. Last week she finally licked him back.
- Ava's favorite song is "Clap Your Hands" by They Might Be Giants.
- As a Capricorn, Ava is quite ambitious. She generally grunts when practicing new skills.
- Ava has many nicknames. Some of our favorites are Ava Flav, Pumpkin, Buttercup, and Bunches.
- Ava is very sensitive to sound so we have developed very quiet evening activities, like blogging.
- When Ava smiles she looks like a little ole lady. All gums.
- Ava gets about 12 hours of sleep a night.
- Ava's inseam measures six inches.
- At 14-15 lbs, Ava is currently about the size of a house cat.
- Ava's nose is like a tiny ski jump.
- Ava believes there isn't enough time in the day to nap.
- Ava was born four hours after arriving at the hospital.
- Ava can scoot quite quickly. However, she doesn't use her knees and she only operates in reverse.
- Ava's "I'm tired" scream reaches octaves previously unknown to man. If you are dubious, we invite you to a night of babysitting.
- Ava always smiles when she receives compliments. She has been told she is so beautiful she looks like a "fake baby" on no fewer than three separate occasions. True story!
- Ava loves being outside.
- If you are hoping to upset Ava, you needn't look much further than pulling a shirt over her head. She goes ballistic.
- Ava has inherited photic sneeze reflex, a genetic autosomal dominant trait, from Brian.
- Ava doesn't care for sweet potato. Brody, on the other hand, likes it a lot.
Monday, July 13, 2009
6 Month Birthday Edition - 25 Things About Ava
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
re:
ReplyDelete#2-- I think for a lot of people that is the default, although you'd think a pink dress would clue them in. Someone also suggested to me that the more hair your baby has, the more likely they are to be considered a girl. Weird.
#4-- so long! I didn't realize it took quite that long. I'm glad she got it together. I never heard your breastfeeding saga, but I'm interested if you care to share.
#21-- Anya has never been told that she looks like a "fake baby", but has been told on numerous occasions that she looks like a living doll due to her beauty / adorableness. I wonder if this is a regional dialect difference, or denotes something different about their looks
#23-- Anya also hates this, although she is grudgingly allowing me to dress her (without screams) these days.
#24-- did you make up that autosomal dominant based on inheriting from Brian, or is that a fact? My friend Peter has the same problem (err... trait)
This is really cute! I know feel like I have been sitting next to you for the last month and hearing about your days! :)
ReplyDelete